Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quotes!

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something." -Thomas Hardy


"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." -Robert Frost (Emailed to me by my friend Allison)


"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they're the first to be rescued off sinking ships." -Gilda Radner (emailed to me by my friend Julianne)


The following are also from Julianne:


"The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away." -Unknown


Sorry, that was only one. Here are some from Allison:


"If there are twelve clowns in a ring, you can jump in the middle and start reciting Shakespeare, but to the audience, you'll just be the thirteenth clown." -Adam Walinsky


"Truth is twelve years old." -Unknown


"Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday." -Stephen Wright


"You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine." -Jason Mraz


"A yawn may not be polite, but at least it is an honest opinion." -Unknown (love it!)


"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." -Elvis Presley


"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." -Mark Twain


"A classic is a book which people praise and don't read." -Mark Twain


"Opera is where a guy gets stabbed in the back, and instead of dying, he sings." -Robert Burns (love this one too!)


"A song is like a smile. If you meet people from another country, even if you don't speak the same language, you know what a smile means. A song works the same way. Music produces feelings that need no translation." -Clay Aiken


"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss


"A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized." -Fred Allen


"My friend has a baby. I'm recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant." -Stephen Wright (love this too!)


"Life is full of obstacle illusions." -Grant Frazier


"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -Tenneva Jordan


"Religion is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions." -Unknown


"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last." -Moira Rogers


Yay! Another one from Julianne!


"May the friendships you make be those which endure and all of your grey clouds be small ones for sure. And trusting in Him to Whom we all pray, may a song fill your heart every step of the way." -Irish Blessings


A bunch of quotes I found:


Duct tape is like the force. It was a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together -Unknown


"If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn." -Ignacio Estrada


"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand." -Chinese Proverb


"The process of learning requires not only hearing and applying but also forgetting and then remembering again." -John Gray


"To appreciate the beauty of a snow flake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold." -Unknown




I love quotes! Leave your favorites as comments! I also love comments!


Molly

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so many to choose from...

    "Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas."
    ~Paula Poundstone

    "You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair."
    ~Chinese Proverb

    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
    ~C.S. Lewis

    Is that enough for now? :) I can send you more some other time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sense I emailed you all my favorite quotes, I don't have any quotes to share! Maybe tomorrow. I love your post!!I gave your post a funny, interesting and cool. yesterday was lots of fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?