Saturday, July 14, 2012

Strength

Courage. Bravery. Boldness. They are all words related to standing up for your beliefs through persecution. In 2 Timothy 3:12 it says: Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

Living for God is not always going to be easy. That is not promised. What is promised is that He will help us through the hard times. In Isaiah 41:10 is says: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God promises to strengthen and help us. The other day I was with some friends and there were a couple of tables outside. There was a group of people sitting at one table and one kid sitting alone at another table. It would have been easy to sit with the group of people, who seemed to be having a good time and were all good friends. It probably would have been even easier to sit where I already was sitting, at a completely different table inside. But when my friend grabbed me and said "let's go sit with the kid who is sitting at that table all alone", it definitely wasn't the easy thing to do.

It's hard to walk past the "cool people" table and sit at the "uncool" table. I could have easily turned to my friend and said no, I already had a seat inside. But it took strength, God's strength from his righteous right hand, to sit at that table.

I just want to remind everyone that when you are called to do something, God will be there right next to you, guiding you. As much of a hurt I felt for the kid at the table that the people were being mean to him, I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to stand up and walk to that table without God's strength. God promises strength to all of us. All we have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?