Saturday, September 10, 2011

Amazed

I was floating on the lake the other day (we were up north). No, I was not floating on my back, as many of you had hoped. To inform those who don't understand, I have not been able to figure out how to float on my back. And many people have tried to teach me :)

No, I was sitting on a foam board thingy. If you know what I mean. Maybe not.

Anyway, sitting there, seeing the beauty of the lake, it was hard not to think about the amazingness of God. How much He has created. How majestic it all is. Looking in at the shore and seeing people there, with the beautiful hills behind them, I was reminded of this verse:

Psalm 8:3-4

3 When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
   human beings that you care for them?



Wow. Think about this. God made the Heavens. He made the oceans, the mountains, the storms, the wind, the sun, the moon, the stars, and everything else. Why should we get paid any mind?


The answer is because He loves us. He made us. We are children of the Living God, author of all creation.


Wow.


Molly

2 comments:

  1. How to float on your back:

    1. Suck in a lot of oxygen.
    2. Lift your feet off of the ground.
    3. Keep your back straight.
    4. Breathe shallow to stay afloat.

    See? It's not that hard...lol.

    You know...after God went through all of that landscape designing and creating, he probably wanted someone else to enjoy it too. Therefore, he created mankind and animalkind...because he loves us and wants us to enjoy it with him. Right?

    P.S. I'm still waiting on that letter you promised to send when you were up north.

    P.S.S. Foam board thingys are fun.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read about moments like this. Keep having them! Btw- Hebrews 2 mentions that same passage and explains it as prophecy as well as amazement and praise. It's pretty cool....
    :)
    Miss you! Can't wait to hear about vacation.

    ReplyDelete

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?