Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election thoughts...

Everyone and everything seems to be talking about the recent election. How they are not happy that their candidate lost, or how Obama may be making changes in the future, or how this proposal passed and that one didn't. It is a blessing to live in a democracy where our opinion matters, and where the people get a say in who governs them.

But I think we often overlook a small fact. The person who truly leads us never goes up for election. He never campaigns and calls you over and over. He simply is always our leader, and it's a good thing. Without God in charge, this country would be, in short, a mess.

I don't think God is sitting up in Heaven now, wringing His hands, and saying "oh my goodness. Obama won. What am I ever going to do? The plan is ruined!". I'm sure that God is bigger than that, and we know that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him. And I don't think we need to fret either. God's got it all covered!

Think about how great it is that God never has to be reelected. If the ballot said "Leader: God, Molly, Billy Ray Cyrus, Eric Clapton, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and everybody else who wants to rule. Who do you vote for?"

What if someone other than God got elected? Personally, I know that this country, world, and universe would be a mess if I was the leader.

Today I am thankful not only for the fact that we live in a democracy, not a dictatorship, but also that God is the one in charge forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?