Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Continuing the Epic Adventure of TJ Styles

So as I told you yesterday, I (The Basketball Star, TJ Styles) get to go to this beach camp thing my Grandma signed me up for. And she told me it was going to be sports camp! So of course, if you know me at all, you know that I carry my Basketball with me EVERYWHERE I go. So I brought it, thinking it would be SPORTS camp. You can imagine how surprised (and bummed) I was when our lifeguard lady, Sandy the Safety Girl, told me it was beach camp. I mean, what could be worse?
I can't stand the water, because as my new friend Taylor Miles puts it, I'm a little but "clucked" about swimming. As in chicken. But here I am, stuck at BEACH camp!
And to make things all the more worse, this lady who is our lifeguard is making Tay and I wear these ridiculous shower caps in the water! She says it's cuz then we won't get lost in the waves, but I think she just wants to have a reason to laugh at us.
But today was actually fun! Sandy and her buddy from childhood, Big D, are taking whatever they teach us and applying it to our faith life! It's pretty cool! Like this: to float in the water, apparently you look back further than you need to and you trust the water. We learned how we always need to TRUST Jesus, in any situation!
Also, Sandy had Tay and I do some "training". Actually, we just played tug-of-war with a noodle and did a 3-legged race! When we played tug-of-war, I let go and made Taylor fall over! It was hilarious! And we had Big D come do the Limbo with us! She got scolded by Sandy for "not setting a good example". And the best part - Sandy tied Taylor and my legs together for a 3-legged race! Guess who made it to the end first? ME!

Can't wait to go back tomorrow! Sandy said she'll let us go in the water, so we'll see how that goes! So excited!


The hoop shootin', 


No comments:

Post a Comment

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?