Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I AM BEAUTIFUL

Who says, who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful, who says?
-Who Says Lyrics by Selena Gomez


Have you ever felt flawed? Have you ever felt like you wish you looked a different way, or you think that something about you should have been different? Have you ever felt like you aren't perfect? 
It is so easy to look at the rest of the world and think that you have something wrong with you. After all, everywhere we turn there are "perfect" people. Magazine covers, television, news articles. All of those people who are covered in make up make us think that they are perfect. The World has convinced us that they are "perfect" and we are not. 
But here's the thing - if God had wanted you to have neon red lips and bright blue eyelids, He would have made us that way. The World tells us that this is beautiful:

Not our natural beauty. But how true can that be? God made us exactly the way we are, and I'm sure if you asked Him He would say that we are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL and SOOOO perfect just the way we are. After all, that's the way that the amazing creator of the world made us, sooooo... just something to think about..... Plus He made us in His image. Therefore we look like the most beautiful One ever.


Here are some song lyrics I wrote about how God tells us that we are beautiful, even when the World says we aren't


I told them I was beautiful
And yet they walked away.
I told them I had everything
But they were not
here to stay
And now I'm on my knees
And I am asking God what's right
If I'm beautiful
And have it all
I want to know tonight
And He says


That I'm beautiful
But maybe not in the World's eyes
That I have all that I need to follow Him
What I need to do 
is to stop believing the World's lies
Cuz' I'm held tight by the hands that cleanse my sin
I have purity within


No comments:

Post a Comment

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?