Monday, July 25, 2011

Who loves me?

One Sunday a pastor was using squirrels for an object lesson for the children. He started, "I'm going to describe something, and I want you to raise your hand when you know what it is." The children nodded eagerly.

"This thing lives in trees (pause) and eats nuts (pause)..." No hands went up. "And it is gray (pause) and has a long bushy tail (pause)..." The children were looking at each other nervously, but still no hands raised. "It jumps from branch to branch (pause) and chatters and flips its tail when it's excited (pause)..."

Finally one little boy tentatively raised his hand. The pastor quickly called on him. "Well," said the boy, "I know the answer must be 'Jesus' ... but it sure sounds like a squirrel!"


-copied from a blog called www.jesusorsquirrel.com


Something to think about, huh? So if Jesus is always the answer, that means the answer is never "friends", "school", "television", and definitely not "the world". For example, if the question is "Who should I turn to about my problems in life?" can the answer really be "the world"? Well, technically it can be. But think of it this way:


Comfort < Peace < Joy < Contentment < Jesus < YOUR PROBLEM > The World >discontent > Sadness > Irritation > Worry


Start at YOUR PROBLEM. You can choose to go right > and go to the World. What happens? Do you really want to end up at worry? But now start at YOUR PROBLEM and go left <. Where do you end up? Comfort. Peace. Joy. That's what Jesus brings!


So what do you do when you have financial problems? JESUS.


Who should I turn to in times of fear? JESUS.


What can solve my problems? JESUS.


I am grieving. What now? JESUS.


I can't explain what I'm going through. Who can help me? JESUS.


I need help with a friend. Who can I turn to? JESUS.


I need someone to talk to about my life. Who? JESUS.


What is the most necessary thing in my life? JESUS.


Who saved my life? JESUS.


Who died for me? JESUS.


Who is my salvation? JESUS.


Who is the Way? JESUS.


Who is the Truth? JESUS.


Who is the Life? JESUS.


Who is Love? JESUS.


Who is the rock? JESUS.


Who is the Light in the darkness? JESUS.


Who loves me? JESUS.


Who can I turn to? JESUS.


Who holds my life and cares for me more than I could ever know? JESUS.


Who sent the Holy Spirit to live in my heart to help me make descisions? JESUS.

Who gives me unconditional peace? JESUS.


Who's Father is the one who gave me life, and life forever with Him? JESUS.


Who is the only one who can love me like He does? JESUS.


Who is my SAVIOR, MESSIAH, FRIEND, REDEEMER, RANSOM, SACRIFICE, and the ONE WHO LOVES ME? JESUS. JESUS. JESUS. JESUS. JESUS.


JESUS.


JESUS.


JESUS.


Go ahead. Ask a question about a problem in your life. Who can you turn to? Who loves you?


And you can guess my answer.


JESUS.


JESUS.


JESUS CHRIST, Son of the Living God.


Who loves me?


JESUS.






Blessings to you all.


Molly

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post by a lovely girl! I love to watch you express your faith so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some questions for you:

    Who is my worst enemy?
    What was that noise?
    When is the world going to end?
    Where is my Bible?
    Why do I miss Molly?
    How do you like these questions?

    Do you have answers for me? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Jesus, right?

    ReplyDelete

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?