Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Odd memory of my childhood

When I was 2 years old, I went to Mackinac Island for my uncle's wedding. I will tell you all that I remember, none more, and none less.

I remember the bridge. Very vaguely, but I do. I don't remember exactly what it looked like, but I remember that there was a bridge.

We were staying at a hotel for his wedding. I remember the room a little bit. I am picturing this small hallway. I'm not sure how to describe it, but there was a small hallway I think.

Then I had this matching game. It was to help kids learn compound words. For example, one piece would have a PAN on it, one would have a CAKE, one would have a LIGHT, and one would have a HOUSE. If you figured out that LIGHT and HOUSE go together, and put them next to each other, the jaggedy line on the edges that went together would match. Therefore, you learned a compound word.

They also had colored edges. I seem to remember a red edge on one and a blue edge on one, but I'm not sure. They had white backgrounds and they were probably 3 by 4 inches or so. They were on cardboard.

Well, we accidentally left one of the pieces at the hotel. We never found it. I remember it being very disappointing.

Anyways, just a random flash back on my part. Goes to show how random I can be if I want to :)

Molly

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting the things we remember from childhood? I can never tell if my memories like that are dreams or actual memories...

    ReplyDelete

com·ment /ˈkäment/
Noun - A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

What is your opinion and reaction to this post?